Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Psalms and Scriptures Used During the Passover Celebration


The following psalms and scriptures are used as part of the Passover, and may be read at the end of the New Testament scriptures about the Last Supper found in Post . (Please see the explanation found in Post 3) According to Matthew 26, Jesus and His apostles sang a hymn at the end of the Last Supper, before going out into the Mount of Olives.

·         Psalm 113, 
  1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise, O ye servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD.
  2 Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and for evermore.
  3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD’s name is to be praised.
  4 The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens.
  5 Who is like unto the LORD our God, who dwelleth on high,
  6 Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!
  7 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill;
  8 That he may set him with princes, even with the princes of his people.
  9 He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the LORD.

·         Psalm 116,
  1 I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
  2 Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
  3 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
  4 Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
  5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
  6 The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
  7 Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
  8 For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.
  9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
  10 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:
  11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.
  12 What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
  13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
  14 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
  15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
  16 O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
  17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
  18 I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people,
  19 In the courts of the LORD’s house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.

·         Psalm 117,
  1 O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
  2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

·         Isaiah 12 : 1-6
  1 And in that day thou shalt say, O LORD, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me.
  2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
  3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.
  4 And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted.
  5 Sing unto the LORD; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth.  
  6 Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment